lørdag den 27. november 2010

Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday

Thanksgiving day and Black Friday is probably the two day of which I have been expected, and the two days I knew would be awesome even before I got over here. Actually almost the only days were I knew what would happen before I got over here. I knew, that I on Thanksgiving day would spend the time with my hostfamily and friends of them, and afterwards go home and get ready for shopping all night. What I didn't knew before I got over here was that Kristian would keep me company during these two days, and that me and Kristian on Black Friday would join Pernille and her family for another hockeygame in Everett. 
As said, Kristian had no place to go because his family couldn't take him with them to their thansgivingdinner, so he joined me at noon at my place, where we played some wii and got ready for the Thanksgiving Dinner in Seattle at one of my hostmoms friends place. It was a filipino family we went to visit, so it was no traditional american dinner we had. Instead of turkey with mash potatoes and gravy, we had chicken with soup and rice. It was very well cooked and tasted great so the fact that it wasn't traditional didn't really matter, because we still got to see the Super Bowl. When we left their house after a lot of food chit-chat and football at 8:00 PM, Kristian and I decided to go home and watch a movie, and maybe get nap before we went out.
When we got to the mall around 2:30 AM we didn't really have anything to shop for so we just visited random store, whilst we were waiting to go to BestBuy around 5:00 AM. When we got there half a hour after we had planned, the store was filled with people, so when we finaly found everything we were looking for we stood in line for 30-60 minutes. At that point we thought this was the biggest line we would see today. So when we got to target, and found a line on almost 2 hours we were shocked. To our fortune we found a line that was closing, sneaked up in the rear end of that, and waited only 20 miutes to get to the cashier. 
At that point we were ready to go to sleep, but I still needed some stuff in the mall I couldn't find cheaper in some of the other stores. Then when we both finally were done shopping we went to his place to get some rest before we should head over to Pernilles place. At the point we fell to sleep the clock was something around 9 AM. Then at 12 AM Pernille had ended her shopping day, and decided to go wake us up, so we could keep her company at her place. Kristian decided we would rather stay and sleep, and I figured, that I could as well go over there and sleep there. When I got there, it turned out that I couldn't sleep any more, so we started to play Mario and her wii. So during these to days, I slept 30 minutes at my place before the shopping started, 3 hours at Kristians place, and almost 30 minutes on and of at Pernilles. 4 hours from thursday to friday, so I was rather surprised I had so much energy left when we got to the hockeygame, which we btw lost 4-1. 
Great to days even thou it wasnt't what i expected.

1 kommentar:

  1. Ok you went CRAZIER on Black Friday than I did!! I cannot believe you guys were out at 230am!!!
    Anything for a SALE!!!!

    SvarSlet