mandag den 15. november 2010

The daily life in Seattle

Considering the fact that I have been here for almost two months now, I think it would be appropriate if I told a little about my family and how we get along in the afternoons and evenings. 
Mostly when I get home from school my hostmom (Imelda) and Sean (my hostbrother) are at home too. Imelda is checking her e-mail, preparing dinner or watching Filipino television if Sean isn´t using it. If he isn´t watching gamingshows on the TV, Sean is to find in front of his gameboy or in their personal room doing his homework or whatsoever.
When the clock gets near 5:00 pm Orson (the other student in my house) come home. He often go straight to his room, ´cause he is busy studying. If I am the lucky guy of the day, and have the remote to the TV, and therefore watching it instead of being in my room, he stays down for a short while to talk. He´s a nice guy, but because of his eager to learning and speaking English he usually speak to fast with a weird accent, and it makes it hard to understand from time to time.
When the clock is almost 6:00 pm Orson and I go down to the kitchen, were Orson helps Imelda preparing the last food whilst I set the table. During the dinner there is a whole lot of different chit-chat and maybe none at all, it is very different from day to day. When we are done eating each person have to do their one dish, because Imelda believes in an exact same treatment of me and Orson. It is fair and doesn´t really bother me, as long as I don´t have to do it when I get back home to DK.
The rest of the night is mostly spend in front of the TV or the laptop, chatting and watching many different series. Around midnight I turn off all the electronics and go to bed.

1 kommentar:

  1. Sounds like an easy enough schedule...lol.

    And be patient with his English. I am sure you thought my English was hard to understand at first too! :-)

    SvarSlet